Twitter

Sunday, February 4, 2018

VIVOBAREFOOT Primus Trail SG

This week my new trail shoes arrived: VIVOBAREFOOT Primus Trail SG ðŸ˜Ž

Over the past many months I have been changing my running style towards forefoot running. I must admit that reading Christopher McDougalls "Born To Run" has much to do with it. You can read more about the book here.

I have two other pairs of VIVOBAREFOOT shoes for everyday walking and I love 'em. They are so comfortable - I am forever a changed man regarding shoes. Therefore, I also wanted to get some running shoes and my old trail shoes were getting a bit trashed. I've had my eye on the VIVOBAREFOOT Primus Trail SG for a long time and they simply look awesome! So finally I decided to buy them.

I took the Primus Trail SG for their first run in Shotover, Oxford, which is a great place to put them to the test. It was awesome to wear a pair of trail shoes with room enough for my toes to spread out and feel free, as my old trail shoes (Salomon Speedcross 3), which are probably also a size too small, squeezes my toes together leaving virtually no space for movement. Don't get me wrong - they have served my well and have done a great job on the trails! It's simply time to change! 
I logged 20km in the new Primus Trail SG on hilly and muddy trails and they felt awesome all the way. I have got no negative points besides from them being a bit pricey and that the sizing is different (smaller) compared to my other VIVOBAREFOOT shoes - had to go a full size up.




VIVOBAEFOOT Primus Trail SG:

Their appearance give them away as being real beasts for the trails. They are low (as in no cushioning as they are made for "barefoot" running); Weight is about 285g for my size 9UK(43); They've got large multi-directional lugs on the outsole for improved traction in the mud and on loose ground, and is made from some tough rubber for a sticky grip; They've got a quick-lacing system which works pretty well, however, they do also come with normal laces if you prefer these; The toe-box is as expected large with plenty of room for your toes to spread out and feel free; The upper front-mesh provides great ventilation without letting dirt into the shoe; The structure around the heal/ankle is made as a tight fitted collar keeping dirt from entering the shoe; They are quick draining through the mesh on the sides; And they are relatively quick drying when you have soaked them in your free shoe-wash on your way back home 😎
Bottom line: They are pretty awesome!


I made a small video from my run which can be seen below.
Until we meet again - #HappyRunning

Best M.

No comments:

Post a Comment